Lemon Parmesan Pasta with Hidden Veggies
- 1 zucchini
- 1 yellow squash
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 oz. whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. chicken broth or white wine
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Using a spiralizer, spiralize the zucchini and yellow squash into “noodles.”
- Slice red bell pepper into narrow strips.
- Boil pot of water and cook spaghetti to package instructions.
- In a separate pan, add olive oil, garlic, and red peppers. Sauté until the peppers are soft and garlic is fragrant.
- Add zucchini and yellow squash noodles and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in pasta, broth, lemon juice, and parmesan.
Serve alone or with baked chicken or salmon. Enjoy!
Yield: 4 servings
Carbohydrates: 48 g
Fiber: 9 g
Protein: 16 g
Fat: 9 g
Sodium: 240 mg